Signal is an instant messaging application that allows you to send messages, make calls and video calls with ease and for free. Founded in 2013 by a group of privacy activists – among which was Brian Acton, the founder of one of the most famous and used messaging apps, WhatsApp – and backed by the Signal Foundation, a non-profit organization devoted to protecting freedom of expression. Signal‘s purpose is to offer a safe chat experience: its users value the protection of their privacy and safety of personal data, which is often not regarded as a priority by some competitors. Through state-of-the-art end-to-end encryption, an encrypted communication system developed by the Signal Protocol, only the recipient will have access to the content of the conversation and the media shared.
HOW TO USE SIGNAL – TUTORIAL
SIGNAL – FEATURES
Here are its main features:
- Intuitive user interface: text, call and video call your family and friends quickly and easily
- Sticker making: create encrypted stickers with your face or your friends’s
- Self-destructing messages: send messages that will automatically disappear after a few seconds
- Security: use this application with peace of mind as it is backed by top of the range end-to-end encryption which guarantees the privacy and protection of your data
- Open source: access its code on GitHub and verify the protection of your privacy
- Desktop and mobile version: use it on your desktop (Mac, Windows and Linux) or on your smartphone (iOS and Android)
- No advertising
Signal is a great app for chatting without worrying about advertising, location or security of personal data.
You might also be interested in: Telegram
|Usability: 9 /10||Speed: 7.5 /10||Features: 9.6 /10||Support: 9 /10||Pricing: 10 /10|