Krita is a free open source painting software that can be used by professional and amateur artists. With its wide variety of tools and features, it has become a favorite program for illustrators, texture renderers, concept designers, visual effects creators and 2D / 3D artists. Most recently it was also used in the video game and movie industries. Krita offers beginner and advanced painting techniques through creative tools that work with graphic tablets; it also has different tools for rendering, blending, color mixing, processing, sanding, layering, mirroring and more. It is also capable of manipulating photos and editing HDR images.
KRITA – TUTORIAL
Here is a video tutorial to learn more about how to edit photos with this software:
KRITA – FEATURES
- Color palette: choose and manage your colors, mix with the Digital Colors Mixer, quickly pick with the selector
- HDR support: open, save, edit and create HDR images; with OCIO and OpenEXR support you can also manipulate HDR images
- OpenGL: greater rotation of the canvas and a greater zoom speed
- Layer masks: add a layer mask for transparency, filters or transformations. Add more masks to each level
- Selections: highlight an area of the canvas for easy access, and further modify the selection by blending and reversing it. Paint a selection with the global selection mask
- Management of levels: you will have vectorial levels, filters, group and files at your disposal. Combine, sort and flatten levels to help your art remain organized
- Mirroring tools: perform rapid vertical and horizontal mirroring with the tools on the toolbar.
Krita is a good, highly customizable, free photo editing software with a wide range of tools to make your work of art truly unique. The video tutorials on the website and Youtube will help you to master it.
Test its power and leave your impression with a review.
You might also be interested in: DesignBold
|Usability: 9 /10||Speed: 9 /10||Features: 9 /10||Support: 9 /10||Pricing: 10 /10|